- 0830: Received a text from Tom containing a highly compressed set of questions relating to the power board. Set about answering them when I got up.
- Processed some paperwork.
- Worked on Farnell screen scraping – progressing nicely. Some nasty problems involving Unicode strings getting munged about though.
- Read about John’s escapades.
- Had some xbee related conversations with Phil. Sadly massively diverged into setting up his ssh config.
- The random period of immense internet laggyness started early today. Around 7pm I guess. Moaned profusely.
- Performed a very short investigation investigation into radio modules for general stuff-monitoring projects. Decided that the CC2420 might be good – but a little expensive (~£5 a chip from Farnell). Will continue search for cheaper alternatives. Would be good to produce a large number of devices that use them.
- Looked for an extension lead casing manufacturer. Was pretty unsuccessful. Wanted to find an extension lead casing with space for some extra electronics in it…
Posted at 12:01 am on Monday 6th August 2007
Just found an interesting article on Circuit Cellar about a guy who linked an XBee to one of those Microchip ethernet chips. Nice.
Posted at 2:27 am on Wednesday 21st March 2007
Site by Robert Spanton. © 2008 - 2018