I reckon at least 90% of eBay listings have at least one of the following properties:
- Text entirely in capitals.
- Extremely large font throughout.
- No information about the item.
- Completely unrelated terms in the item’s title.
- No picture of the item.
- Animations of other products from the same seller.
- Over ten times more screen space is devoted to links to other products.
- A ridiculously large border made from static and/or animations.
- An insane amount of text about returning items.
I think that when I visit an eBay listing, my heart rate is multiplied by the number of things it features from the above list.
Posted at 3:07 am on Wednesday 29th July 2009
Site by Rob Gilton. © 2008 - 2019