More tea please.

Shed update

Jeff and I spent yesterday doing more work on our shed. We’ve done a fair amount of work since the last time I blogged about it. We’ve dug the holes for the four corner posts, which was a lot of work because of the tree root density. We’ve concreted down the seven slabs on which the floor’s crossbeams lie, which was an unforgiving slog. Then we got onto the fun part: the carpentry. We’ve cut all of the joints in the floor’s crossbeams and the corner posts.

So we now have a three-dimensional structure:


We can’t seem to get away from continuously visiting a DIY store to get bits and pieces. This weekend it was the tarpaulin in the above picture. Last weekend it was the tarpaulin for our shelter that we’ve constructed down the side of the house that allows us to perform carpentry in the rain:


The project’s moving along well. Hopefully we’ll have a shed after a couple more months.

Posted at 3:16 pm on Sunday 30th November 2008

Comments are closed.

Site by Rob Gilton. © 2008 - 2019